It has just become a tracker for training and since I am not going to be racing any more there is no reason to be training and there isn't any real point in blogging about what I am not doing.
World Champs race week, so silly numbers everywhere and none of them really matter anyway. In my stretch targets I wrote the I wanted to finish in the top-20 at Worlds. After last years 23rd place, I really want to be higher than that, but it is a bigger field with a lot of locals, and a cold swim, so I will see how it goes. I have left the run pace on, because I want to be racing at least that fast on Thursday. I have left the run miles in as well. They basically amount to an easy jog early in the week, race day, and a recovery run. Targ ets - Swim 0.6 miles, Bike 0.0 miles, Run 11.0 mile s. Stretching session x2, Core session x1, Weights session x0. Yoga session x3. Fast run target 6:50 / mile (4:14 / km).
So having covered the training and triathlon bits of my year it is probably worth taking a look at how shit the rest of my life has been through this year and 2018. In 2018 Tamarah and I had a miscarriage. I feel like that was the start of the decline in our relationship. Her response to that loss and her subsequent behaviour towards me and our relationship was the beginning of the end. In 2019 my paternal grandmother died early in the year. This was the first family funeral I have been to in a long time (22 years?) but the statistics on that are likely to come round to a more averaged number soon as a lot of my extended family are seriously ill or ageing. Then in the middle of the year Tamarah tried to start a fight with me over going to Romania for the European Championships. I have absolutely zero belief that Romania was the real issue, she just chose it as something that she knew would upset me to try and create an excuse for her to l...
Back in to a 'normal' week and my main target for this week is not to turn it into just a boring commuting week where I rack up a load of slow miles. Monday evening is the first TPT Club swimming session of the new year, that limits me to a bike commute and sounds like I have got in with the excuses to just do lazy commuting instead of smarter sessions on Day 1. Tuesday I am going to cycle in and run home. Then in the evening it is a short reps swim. Short reps and short total, something along the lines of 25x50m, or 12x100m. Wednesday I am going to run in and cycle home. That takes care of most of my aerobic fitness and easy run miles for the week. Thursday evening is my third swim session of the week. This time a longer reps session. 5x200m, 5x100m, 5x50m. Thursday and Friday I am planning to ride in to, and out from, work mostly because it is the easiest way to commute. I don't need the miles though so either of these might get dropped for the train and so...
Comments
Post a Comment